Friday, March 16, 2012

I love fudge - lots of it!

Hmm! Fudge I hear you think....It can be too sweet and a little sickly if you have too much of it. But I'm not thinking about THAT kind of fudge - I am referring to Fudge Classics in Westbourne Road, where the very talented Nicki performs miracles with fabric. Nicki has a reputation based on gorgeous wedding dresses, divine 'mother of the bride' enembles and trendy matric dresses. However Fudge Classics offers more than that and Nicki has been a lifesaver for me especially when everything in the shops is sleeveless and your arms don't 'do' sleeveless anymore! I have had several outfits, career wear, casual wear and formal wear designed and made by Nicki who has a great eye for what your figure needs to make the most of  its good points and is the master of disguise when it comes to minimising the not so good. Quality is excellent and as its made to measure - the fit is perfect. You can find Fudge Classics  at  5 Dickens Square, Westbourne Road, Central and on thier Facebook page.
This week I had to go to Johannesburg for a shoot with a national magazine and what might have sent me into a flat spin about 'what to wear' was avoided by having something Fudge Classic-al in my wardrobe. The stylist and image editor were taking photos of me in one of Nicky's designs and oo-ing and aah-ing at the same time. Here is the photo!

Ps. Our very own style guru Janine gave me some invaluable advice when I confessed to being a tad nervous, she told me to imagine I was on a red carpet from the moment I got off the plane! So all through OT airport I strode like I owned the red carpet, I hopped onto the Gautrain on that same red carpet and it was there from Sandton station to Parkmore where the studio where the photo shoot took place.
WOW! I thought, I am going to use this tactic again and again to put a swing in my step! That's SQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment